I just finished BUILDING a rig with 6x Sapphire Nitro (non plus) OC RX 480 8GB with Micron memory.. my first thoughts was that it was nothing i can do and the best thing is to send them back.. BUT after some researches i came up with something nice. The other components can be found here: http://1stminingrig.com/best-mining-rig-hardware-mine-2017/
There is a new Polaris Bios Editor that can show the timings correctly for Micron / Elpida memory, here is the link: https://github.com/IojkinKot/PolarisBiosEditor
Here the exact card that i am using in this tutorial, use as reference the code 11260-20-20G
- 1202 MHz Engine Clock; 1306 MHz boost Engine Clock
- 256 Bit Memory bus; GDDR5 Memory Type
- 1750 MHz, 7000 MHz effective
- 1 x DVI-D; 2 x HDMI 2.0b; 2 x DisplayPort 1.4
Ethereum: 30.2 Mh/s per card ; 181.5 Mh/s per rig
Decred: 900 Mh/s per card ; 5,400 Mh/s per rig
However the hasrhate looks very impressive, i had some problems with the stability for four cards and i had to find the sweet spot for hashrate and power consumption.
The best i could get is 29.5 Mh/s for Ethereum and 885 Mh/s for Decred, which is very impressive for Micron.. and with 90w power consumption according to GPU-Z
To receive the latest updates follow me on social media! facebooktwitterFollowgoogleyoutube
Ok, enough with the bla bla :), here is what you should do!
Sapphire Nitro (non plus) OC RX 480 8GB Micron Memory BIOS Mod and Flash
What i am using
- Windows 10 PRO 64 http://amzn.to/2mG447M
- AMD Drivers 16.9.1 download here
- ATIflash download here
- Claymore’s Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v9.3 (Windows/Linux) download here
- Sapphire Trixx download here
- Windows 10 tweaks for mining: tutorial here
- Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) download here
1 Preparing the RIG, GPUs and Windows
- If you had different driver versions installed instead on 16.9.1, use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the current AMD Driver (use safe mode option) and then install the 16.9.1 one
- Make sure you stop Sapphire Trixx, MSI Afterburner, Watttool or anything else related to overclock.. to start on windows boot, also reset to defaults clocks settings
- Shutdown the rig and connect only one GPU (remove the gpus from PCI-e slots and leave only one connected with the 16 pci-e slot), we will be doing one gpu at a time, highly recommended
- Power on the rig
2 Backup Original Bios
- Extract atiflash to C:\atiflash
- Run ATIWinflash.exe as administrator
- Click Save button to backup the bios, give it a name like RX4808GBOCnonplusOriginal.rom, also you can create a separate folder for each card using the product numer like “14523” (check bottom of GPU and Box), in this way you will know from where to get the bios for each card
- Close atiflash
3 Flash Modded Bios ROM
- First download the modified BIOS from here (thanks to doktor83) : https://mega.nz/#!QkhlEYZY!Q0pnpIIatV1PbNM6KbzPFAvlfdXDYKyGTpyVoPj2ytE
- Copy the ROM to C:\atiflash folder
- Run ATIWinflash.exe as administrator
- Click Load Image and select the rom you just copied to atiflash root folder
- Click Program button and wait for about 1 minute
- Restart the rig when finishes to program the BIOS
- Test the new BIOS with claymore on ethereum only using -benchmark 1, then test it with dual mining without -benchmark 1
- Repeat the same process with all the GPUs
Before to continue further, please share this thanks!
Here are my final results with 1140/2080 clocks, i will update this post with the stability or if any other modification were applied.
ethereum mining rig rx 480 8gb nitro oc micron 1ethereum mining rig rx 480 8gb nitro oc micron 2ethereum mining rig rx 480 8gb nitro oc micron 3ethereum mining rig rx 480 8gb nitro oc micron 4ethereum mining rig rx 480 8gb nitro oc micron 5ethereum mining rig rx 480 8gb nitro oc micron 6
Let me know how this worked for you!
Thank you for reading. As always, your comments, suggestions and questions are welcome.
Subscribe and stay tuned for further updates!
Found this useful? Buy me a beer
The post Best BIOS ROM for Sapphire Nitro RX 480 8GB OC Micron Memory 30+ Mh/s appeared first on 1st Mining Rig.