Latest news about Bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies. Your daily crypto news habit.
Major social media platform Meta announced the support of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) for Instagram creators and businesses in additional 100 countries while also integrating with the Flow blockchain, Coinbase Wallet, and dapper.
- According to an updated blog post on Thursday (August 4, 2022), Instagram users in 100 countries in the Asia- Pacific, Africa, the Americas, and the Middle East, will be able to showcase their digital collectibles.
- The latest development follows an earlier test conducted in May 2022. Meanwhile, posting and sharing of NFTs on Instagram come with zero fees.
- In addition, Meta revealed that the platform will support specific wallets and blockchains. An excerpt from the announcement reads:
“As of today, we support connections with third-party wallets, including Rainbow, MetaMask, Trust Wallet, Coinbase Wallet, and Dapper Wallet coming soon. Supported blockchains at this time include Ethereum, Polygon, and Flow.”
- Following the support for NFTs running on the Flow blockchain, the FLOW token soared by 40%. The announcement is the latest from Meta in its efforts to carve a significant footprint in the emerging metaverse market.
- As previously reported by CryptoPotato, Meta said in July that users will soon be able to display NFTs on Facebook. Meanwhile, Ethereum co-creator Vitalik Buterin has stated that corporations creating metaverse projects are going nowhere.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not reflect the views of Bitcoin Insider. Every investment and trading move involves risk - this is especially true for cryptocurrencies given their volatility. We strongly advise our readers to conduct their own research when making a decision.