Latest news about Bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies. Your daily crypto news habit.
The liquidations have skyrocketed to over $400 million on a daily scale. Moreover, they are north of $200 million in the past hour alone, as BTC and the altcoin field dumped suddenly.
- The primary cryptocurrency was already experiencing some pressure as it dropped to a weekly low of $23,200 yesterday, as CryptoPotato reported.
- It remained there for most of the trading day but started losing value fast in the past few hours. It firstly declined to $22,800 before another price drop took it south to below $21,500 (on Bitstamp). The latter became the asset’s lowest price point in over three weeks.
- As of now, it has bounced off and stands close to $22,000. However, most altcoins are also deep in the red.
- Ethereum is down by 5% and struggles at $1,750. The rest of the larger-cap alts have dumped by more substantial percentages, many by double digits.
- Cardano, Solana, Dogecoin, Polkadot, Shiba Inu, Avalanche, and Polygon have seen up to 15% of their value gone in hours.
- This enhanced volatility has harmed over-leveraged traders. The total liquidations on a daily scale are over $400 million as of now. In the past hour alone, they are north of $200 million.
- Coinglass data also shows that the total traders wrecked are almost 150,000, and the single-largest liquidated order happened on Binance and actually involved Ethereum (ETH).
BTCUSD. Source: TradingView
The post Over $100 Million Liquidated in an Hour as Bitcoin Dumps by $1.5K appeared first on CryptoPotato.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not reflect the views of Bitcoin Insider. Every investment and trading move involves risk - this is especially true for cryptocurrencies given their volatility. We strongly advise our readers to conduct their own research when making a decision.