Latest news about Bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies. Your daily crypto news habit.
Bitcoin’s price soared to its highest point in nine months and tapped $26,400 moments ago.
This happens on the back of somewhat positive CPI print, as well as hopes for a slowdown in terms of interest rate increases.
- As CryptoPotato reported earlier, the Consumer Price Index for all Urban Consumers increased by 0.4% and to 6% year-over-year.
- This sent a positive signal across the cryptocurrency market and saw Bitcoin surge above $25K on the announcement.
- It wasn’t an hour after that, though, when the price saw another impulsive leg up and reached almost $26.4K on Binance.
- Data from Coinglass reveals that the move caused a whopping $120 million liquidated in the past hour alone.
- The predominant part of the liquidations came from short positions.
The post Bitcoin Explodes Above $26K, Leaves Over $120 Million Liquidated in an Hour appeared first on CryptoPotato.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not reflect the views of Bitcoin Insider. Every investment and trading move involves risk - this is especially true for cryptocurrencies given their volatility. We strongly advise our readers to conduct their own research when making a decision.