Latest news about Bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies. Your daily crypto news habit.
- Bitcoin realized cap is currently sitting around 60% from roughly 50% last year, and it’s 20% higher than in 2018.
- Realized cap gives a much more accurate version of events as it substituted the current token price with the price when the token last moved.
- In addition, it filters out founder coins, and if a token has never moved, its realized price is zero.
- While Bitcoin market cap dominance currently sits below 48%, a vast difference from the realized cap dominance.
- CryptoSlate did a thorough analysis of realized cap vs. market cap both from an all-time high drawdown and report.
Bitcoin market cap dominance: (Source: Trading View)
Realized Cap: (Source: Coin Metrics)
Disclaimer: The TRX_ETH metric is only for the ERC-20, so it isn’t fully representative of the actual market cap and we have had issues with both BNB and DOT nodes, so the metrics aren’t fully updated (CoinMetrics)
The post Realized cap could be the new benchmark for measuring Bitcoin’s value appeared first on CryptoSlate.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not reflect the views of Bitcoin Insider. Every investment and trading move involves risk - this is especially true for cryptocurrencies given their volatility. We strongly advise our readers to conduct their own research when making a decision.