Latest news about Bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies. Your daily crypto news habit.
- For the first time, the Bitcoin network has dropped below 300 g/KWh emissions, according to Daniel Batten, a Bitcoin ESG analyst.
- Daniel Batten states this is an “all-time low”; it took just over three years for Bitcoin to half its emission intensity.
- No other industry is reducing its emission intensity at such a rate, according to Daniel Batten.
- The source data appears in this BEEST (Bitcoin energy & Emissions sustainability tracker).
- Some other key highlights from the report include; the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance (CCAF) reports the Bitcoin network uses 37.6% zero emissions power sources, whereas the Bitcoin Mining Council reports 59.4% zero emissions power sources.
Bitcoin Mining: (Source: Daniel Batten)
The post Bitcoin network emissions reportedly hit all-time low, outpacing other industries in reduction appeared first on CryptoSlate.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not reflect the views of Bitcoin Insider. Every investment and trading move involves risk - this is especially true for cryptocurrencies given their volatility. We strongly advise our readers to conduct their own research when making a decision.