Latest news about Bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies. Your daily crypto news habit.
According to recent news, there is a chance that top-tier GTX cards are getting a boost in ETH hashrate mining.
The new tool called ‘OhGodAnETHlargementPill’ (apparently its devs are trying to brand themselves by giving it a name that is all but serious) works for Nvidia-based GPUs with GDDR5X memory for Ethash-based coins.
After properly installing and configuring the tool, GTX 1080ti cards should output up to 50 Mh/s, while GTX 1080 ones up to 40 Mh/s. Again, this only works for Ethereum and other Ethash coins (Ethereum Classic, Ubiq, Pirl, Expanse, Metaverse, Ellaism etc..) This does work both with rigs and with solo cards.
To receive the latest updates follow me on social media!
facebook twitter Follow google youtube
According to Cryptomining blog, this tool also enhances Cryptonight hashrates, so I do agree with them that you might want to try the ‘OhGodAnETHlargementPill’ with as many algos as you can.
It is thought that the tool changes RRD & FAW values (timings). Some users allegedly have made the same tweaks to p102 and p104 mining edition cards through other means. Moreover, there is a chance that the two mentioned card models won’t work with this specific tool.
Compatible with: Windows and Linux
Usage: Download HERE the package and leave the application running while mining.
- Close miner and reset MSI Afterburner clocks
- Start OhGodAnETHlargementPill-r2.exe
- Now you can start the miner and set the clocks and undervolt from MSI Afterburner
- There have been reported compatibility issues with Claymore 11.7 – you might want to use Claymore 11.6 instead. According to a review, the following combo should work as intended: AB 4.4.2 + 391.01 driver + Claymore 11.6
- If your cards are crashing with RevB, try switching to –revA ; your cards might have RevA memory.
Here is a 6 hours test with 3x MSI GTX 1080 Ti Mining Rig
Default Hashrate 65%/+100/+750
- Reported Hashrate: 108 Mh/s
- Current Hashrate: 88.1 Mh/s
- Valid Shares: 78
- Invalid Shares: 0
- Pool stats: https://ethermine.org/miners/E7386DD23DFD85FfeFffA9988a36273F7b16C2E9/
With OhGodAnETHlargementPill tool 80%/+100/+750
- Reported Hashrate: 163.2 Mh/s
- Current Hashrate: 171.8
- Valid Shares: 152
- Invalid Shares: 0
- Pool stats: https://ethermine.org/miners/d26b44aC4aC3Bbb781DD55Fc124A6ebF22d24242/
Before to continue further, please share this thanks!
Users reported testsOhGodAnETHlargementPill users reported test 1 OhGodAnETHlargementPill users reported test 2
‘OhGodAnETHlargementPill’ might be a great tool to increase the value of your GTX 1080 and 1080ti cards and give them more ways of dealing with the growing network difficulty. Have you tried this tool? Let me know in the comments below!
Thank you for reading. As always, your comments, suggestions and questions are welcome.
Subscribe and stay tuned for further updates!
Found this useful? Buy me a beer
ZEC: t1T9dLLM14Jh6NNuCPfNsRgGnj58LkT3yYXNEED HELP WITH YOUR RIG? CLICK HERE!
The views and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not reflect the views of Bitcoin Insider. Every investment and trading move involves risk - this is especially true for cryptocurrencies given their volatility. We strongly advise our readers to conduct their own research when making a decision.