Since with the new RX 500 series, you must have installed latest drivers to be able to run and mine correctly. But there is a problem, beside of Linux there is (was) no way to run more than five cards with one rig, the 6th or 7th card were not recognized at all because of some driver bug.
After many tests, someone tried a strange mix of drivers and for some reason it worked.GrinI was able to get 6 x RX-500 series running on windows 10 x64. After two days the stupidest thing I tried worked.
So If you are struggling running 6 cards at once here is what you should do to fix it
How to get 6 RX 500 series GPUs to run together on Windows 10 for Mining Ethereum, Zcash, Monero etc..
To receive the latest updates follow me on social media!
facebook twitter Follow google youtube
Tools and software used
- Windows 10 PRO 64 http://amzn.to/2mG447M
- Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) download here
- AMD Drivers 17.5.1 download here
- AMD Drivers 16.11.5 download here
1 Clean PC from previous Drivers
- Run DDU and select to uninstall current drivers in safe mode
2 Extract Drivers
- Run 17.5.1 driver file and extract the files, skip the installation
- Run 16.11.5 driver file and extract the files, skip the installation
(if for some reason you have problems running the cards with 16.11.5)amd drivers 16.9.1 amd drivers 17.5.1 rx 500 series amd drivers 16.9.1 2 2017-05-13 (4)
3 Copy drivers
- Once extracted both driver versions, go to extracted files of driver version 16.11.5 C:\AMD\WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.11.5-Sep13\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B306709 and copy everything
- Then go to driver version 17.5.1 C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.5.1-May4\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B313823 and paste the files that you just copied from 16.11.5
Before to continue further, please share this thanks!
4 Installing mixed drivers
- Go to “Device Manager“
- Right click on any GPU from “Display Adapter” tab then click on “Update Driver Software“
- Choose “Browse my computer for driver software“
- Select the WTA6A_INF folder from 17.5.1 driver version “C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.5.1-May4\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B313823” and click “Next“
- Wait for a few seconds to install the driver
- If you get a Windows security warning just click on “Install this drivers software anyway“
- That’s it, restart your RIG and then check again Device Manager,you will see all GPUs installed
Thank you for reading. As always, your comments, suggestions and questions are welcome.
Subscribe and stay tuned for further updates!
Found this useful? Buy me a beer
The post How to Run 6 or More RX 570 / RX 580 GPUs on Windows 10 appeared first on 1st Mining Rig.