Find Polygon (MATIC) on Okcoin starting September 1. To celebrate, we’re doing a MATIC giveaway and launching an exclusive NFT collection in collaboration with The Most Famous Artist Community and Polygon. And MATIC staking is coming soon!
- All Okcoin customers except for residents of the EU, the UK, Singapore, and Brunei will be able to deposit MATIC on August 31 at 7 pm PT.
- Trading against USD will open on September 1 at 7 pm PT, and staking is coming soon.
- In collaboration with The Most Famous Artist (TMFA), The Most Famous Artist Community (TMFAC), and Polygon, we’re launching an exclusive NFT collection with 10 original Polygon remixes, minted on the Polygon chain and available to buy on OpenSea.
- We’re giving away $30 in MATIC to 4,000 lucky winners who buy $60 of MATIC by September 8 at 11:59 pm PT.
What is Polygon (Matic)?
In its current state, Ethereum faces some challenges, such as high fees, slow transactions and a sometimes clunky user experience. The goal of Polygon is to help improve on each of these counts, with faster transactions and lower fees.
The other problem Polygon aims to solve is that, at the moment, it’s difficult for most blockchains to communicate together. This is why Polygon is sometimes called “Ethereum’s internet of blockchains”: Its goal is to allow developers to smoothly create their own Ethereum-compatible blockchain.
We’ve been early believers in Polygon, and were the first U.S. regulated exchange to integrate it, offering our customers the quickest and most affordable way to get into the DeFi ecosystem.
The natural next step was to allow our customers to trade MATIC, Polygon’s native token. MATIC is mostly used to:
- Pay for Polygon transaction fees
- Secure the network and earn staking rewards
In line with our willingness to offer easy and affordable ways to hop into DeFi, we offer access to MATIC with a very user-friendly interface and some of the lowest fees around.
The exclusive TMFA x Polygon x Okcoin NFT collection
In collaboration with The Most Famous Artist (TMFA), The Most Famous Artist Community (TMFAC), and Polygon, we’re launching an exclusive Polygon NFT collection to celebrate our listing. Here’s what you need to know:
- The artists are 10 members of The Most Famous Artist (TMFA) collective — including the group’s renowned founder Matty Mo, as well as Vasco Velazquez, Bernie McCabe, Anna Slaughter, Sandy Wu, Morgan Flatt, Mars Eve, Natasha Extract, Narineh Seferian, and Gino Burman-Loffredo.
- Each artist remixed the Polygon logo in their own unique styles, so there will be 10 different NFTs in the collection, one per artist.
- The collection is now available to buy in ETH on OpenSea, the largest NFT marketplace around.
- All proceeds go directly to the artists and their efforts to create more NFT art.
Get $30 in MATIC
You can be one of 4,000 lucky winners who will get a free $30 in MATIC if you follow these three steps, starting September 1 at 8 pm PT:
- Opt in to the promo by completing this form.
- Make sure you’ve passed identity verification level 2.
- Buy at least $60 worth of MATIC on Okcoin using the “Buy crypto” feature by September 8 at 11:59 pm PT.
That’s it! Be quick though, it’s only available for a limited time. Terms and conditions apply – learn more.
The post Polygon’s native token and the first-ever listing NFT collection are here appeared first on Okcoin cryptocurrency and bitcoin blog.