Latest news about Bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies. Your daily crypto news habit.
Andre Iguodala and Klay Thompson, two of the biggest stars of the Golden State Warriors, have hopped on the BTC bandwagon by indicating that they will receive their salaries in the asset through a partnership with CashApp.
- Iguodala took it to Twitter earlier to announce his collaboration with CashApp, which will enable him to receive part of his salary in bitcoin.
- Shortly after, Thompson confirmed that he will join the initiative as well through a video of him and Iguadola on social media.
- The Golden State Warriors’ duo described themselves as BTC believers, which aim to “make bitcoin more accessible.”
I’m excited to announce I’m taking part of my salary in BITCOIN w. Cash App! Bitcoin is the future, @klaythompson and I are both believers. To make bitcoin more accessible, we’re giving out $1M in bitcoin back to fans today. Drop your $cashtag w. #PaidInBitcoin & follow @CashApp
— andre (@andre) January 10, 2022
- With the entrance of Iguodala and Thompson, the relationship between the National Basketball Association and the crypto industry continues to strengthen.
- Last summer, another star – Detroit Pistons’ Cade Cunningham partnered with BlockFi, and his bonus was paid in BTC.
- Another California-based team – the Sacramento Kings – was at the forefront of BTC adoption as the club allowed its fans to pay in the cryptocurrency for tickets years ago. In April 2021, the Kings’ owner said the players could receive their salaries in bitcoin as well.
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks, on the other hand, went a step further last year as they added Dogecoin next to BTC for merchandise payments.
Featured Image Courtesy of 247sports
The views and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not reflect the views of Bitcoin Insider. Every investment and trading move involves risk - this is especially true for cryptocurrencies given their volatility. We strongly advise our readers to conduct their own research when making a decision.