Latest news about Bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies. Your daily crypto news habit.
As Blockchain.com looks to build on a decade of innovation within both crypto and the business, we’ve strengthened our leadership team. The business has scaled 5x over the past two years across nearly every division, function and activity. I’m excited to welcome our new leaders and recognize the outstanding work of promoted leaders as we partner to grow the company and industry.
Please join me in welcoming a new colleague and celebrating well-deserved promotions.
- Lane Kasselman, who has led the company’s 5x growth in the last two years as Chief Business Officer, has been promoted to President. A seasoned leader for brands such as AT&T, Uber, The Messina Group and high-profile political leaders, Lane now oversees corporate development, capital markets, investor relations, communications, marketing, customer success, operations, partnerships, global expansion, public policy and scaling our teams and processes at Blockchain.com. As the industry and company look optimistically towards the future, we know it’s not enough to just build revolutionary products and serve our customers. Building the future of finance requires new and disruptive approaches and Blockchain.com needs to be at the forefront of political, business and industry movements. With Lane, we are well-positioned to continue to grow our user base, advocate for pro-innovation policy, and build the future of finance.
- Dan Bookstaber has been promoted to Chief Strategy Officer and Global Head of Institutional. Previously VP of Markets, over the last 18 months Dan has led the team in developing the tools and strategies we use to scale the business with systems and technology, as well as overseeing the sales team that onboards and manages institutional clients. Leveraging his nearly 20 years of experience working at the intersection of quantitative modeling and trading for companies like Citadel, Addepar, Frontpoint Partners and AQR Capital, Dan will take the lead in unifying our institutional business across business development, technology, strategy and client management to make our offering the bar others try to meet.
- Jason Karsh has been promoted to Chief Marketing Officer. Since joining the company in 2020, Jason has worked tirelessly to make Blockchain.com one of the most recognized and trusted names in crypto. Prior to Blockchain.com, Jason drove growth at brands like Coinbase, Google, eero, and more. As we direct more resources into customer acquisition across both retail and institutional, Jason will take the lead and ensure we continue to win the hearts and minds of our customers.
- Amy Yeap has been named the company’s first Vice President of Investor Relations. Amy comes to Blockchain.com from a multi-strategy hedge fund where she led the firm’s capital markets, fundraising and investor relations programs. Through Amy’s capital raising experience, she has worked with sovereign wealth funds, institutional asset managers, pension funds, family offices, endowments and foundations. She previously worked with JPMorgan and CitiBank, and is well regarded in the international institutional investor community. Amy will take the lead in continuing to deepen our investor relationships and professionalize our IR function as the crypto market’s growth rate expands and continues to generate institutional interest.
- Tim Lubans has been promoted to Vice President and Deputy General Counsel overseeing our international regulatory expansion. After spending more than a decade at BlackRock, Tim has dedicated the last three years to Blockchain.com, previously serving as Corporate Deputy General Counsel. During his tenure, he’s played a critical role in establishing regulatory licenses across the globe and scaling our legal function.
- Valerii Babushkin has been promoted to Vice President of Data Science. With a storied career in Machine Learning, Analytics, and Software Engineering at some of the world’s leading tech companies like Meta/Facebook and Alibaba Group, Valerii has grown Blockchain.com’s Data Science function to a global team. His approach has enabled the company to base growth on data-informed actionable insights.
Blockchain.com strengthens leadership team to position company for sustainable growth was originally published in @blockchain on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not reflect the views of Bitcoin Insider. Every investment and trading move involves risk - this is especially true for cryptocurrencies given their volatility. We strongly advise our readers to conduct their own research when making a decision.