Latest news about Bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies. Your daily crypto news habit.
Crypto has faced a bunch of more or less dramatic market downturns, and you always hear people say that “this time, it’s different”. It usually isn’t, of course. But what about the current bear market we’re in?
We’ve teamed up with OKX to figure out what patterns emerge from the history of crypto bear markets and how this one compares to previous ones. Here’s what we’ve found:
- Bitcoin and crypto in general have faced at least three major downturns between 2011 and 2022
- So far, each of crypto’s bear markets has been followed by bull markets that reach new all-time highs
- Each of these crypto winters has been driven by specific circumstances but we can see recurring patterns emerging
- The ongoing crypto winter is structured by unique dynamics, unseen until now
- All these elements, as well as analysis of the global macro landscape, inspired some educated guesses about what might be coming next for crypto
THIS ARTICLE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. IT REPRESENTS THE VIEWS OF THE AUTHOR(S) AND IT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OF OKCOIN OR OKX AND IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE ANY INVESTMENT, TAX, OR LEGAL ADVICE, NOR SHOULD IT BE CONSIDERED AN OFFER TO PURCHASE OR SELL DIGITAL ASSETS. DIGITAL ASSET HOLDINGS, INCLUDING STABLECOINS, INVOLVE A HIGH DEGREE OF RISK, CAN FLUCTUATE GREATLY, AND CAN EVEN BECOME WORTHLESS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER WHETHER TRADING OR HOLDING DIGITAL ASSETS IS SUITABLE FOR YOU IN LIGHT OF YOUR FINANCIAL CONDITION.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not reflect the views of Bitcoin Insider. Every investment and trading move involves risk - this is especially true for cryptocurrencies given their volatility. We strongly advise our readers to conduct their own research when making a decision.